Submit a Message of Hope
Personal Stories of Hope
Find inspiration through the experiences of others who are recovering from a substance use disorder (SUD).
Changing lives: Sharing stories of recovery from addiction
People share personal experiences through their Stories of Hope
- Partnership for Drug Free Kids offers a platform to unite those touched by addiction – and offer hope to others.
- Stories of Hope
What 11 Now-Sober Celebrities Want You to Know About Addiction
- Celebrities who struggled with a substance use disorder and help to address the stigma of SUD.
- Now Sober Celebrities
Community Success Stories
Explore different initiatives that are driving community change while making a difference in the lives of people with an SUD and their family and friends.
Heroin Addiction Recovery Program (HARP) at the Chesterfield County Jail in Virginia
- Highlights the HARP program that offers medical treatment, peer-to-peer counseling, and mental health services for inmates struggling with substance use disorders. This link includes a video of people who have graduated from the program explain how the program has helped them.
- HARP Program
Testimonials from People in Recovery from The Skook Recovers (TSR)
- TSR is a nonprofit inspirational & activity based project created for, but not limited to, the people of Schuylkill County
Opioid Treatment Success in Armstrong Raises Hope
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) has shown great results in reducing relapse rates for people with an SUD.
- Drug Vivitrol Treatment
Janesville DROP program offers heroin addicts help
- Instead of arresting known heroin users, the program creates relationships with them in order to connect them with treatment facilities, jobs, and insurance providers.
- Janesville DROP program
Hope for the Addicted: Substance abuse is a plague on American society. Here are some of the donors looking to cure it.
- Article from Tom Riley (former Associate Director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy) where he discusses donors, organizations, and specific programs that are making inroads in the overdose epidemic and emphasizes that there are heroes in every town.
- Hope for the Addicted
Connect with groups locally and nationally to share stories and make a difference in the overdose epidemic.
Become inspired to keep moving foward with these images and music beats!
Inspiring Quotes for People in Recovery
Recovery playlist: 10 songs about addiction and sobriety
21 Motivating Recovery Songs to keep you on track!